Construction Oversight Team Member
2831 River Road Waynesboro, GA 30830 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
· Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
· Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
· Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise, and impactful reports.
· Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager responsibilities.
· Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
· Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
· Experience with system and/or component functional testing and commissioning turnover.
· Experience with nuclear Quality Assurance requirements.
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, and/or a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Develop a strong team relationship with contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work to help the project succeed.
· Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned major milestones.
· Understand the construction end-state, construction completion sequence options, and construction schedule by specified area, commodity, system, and milestone.
· Identify, pursue, and take advantage of opportunities to improve construction and project performance.
· Help manage value and seek to optimize the balance between cost and schedule performance.
· Provide leadership in solving problems and establishing priorities for construction.
· Communicate facts, required actions, trends, recommendations, questions, and advice to constituents to inform and influence project decision-makers and help establish priorities for the project.
· Record and document areas where contractors are not meeting performance requirements to identify opportunities for cost recovery from errors, performance gaps and inefficiencies.
· Help optimize contractor resource allocation.
· Analyze project information to inform and influence project leaders and project outcomes.
o Define problems
o Determine significance
o Determine urgency
o Determine risks
o Offer solutions and coordinate efforts to achieve successful outcomes
Does this assignment have any physical requirements:
- The assignment will require extended walking on pathways and hard/uneven surfaces, climbing stairs, warm/cold environments, and periodic need to access elevated scaffolds, by ladder while wearing appropriate fall protection equipment.
Is this position supporting a Government Related Project? No.
Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant? Yes.
Estimated Start Date: 04/19/2021
Estimated Duration of Work Assignment (should not exceed 1 year): 1 year
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Williams Industrial Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation age, veteran’ s status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.