Columbia, AL 36319
Williams Industrial Services, Group LLC
Summary: Perform Civil Planning and Field Engineering functions such as estimating, strategic planning, and scope control/definition, project planning, cost analysis, and reporting to support project success.
- Responsible for the preparation of work procedures, installation and test packages, and associated support documentation.
- Analyze project problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitors scope, scope changes, budgets and schedules to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Monitor progress of engineering procurement, material delivery, execution, testing, turnover and commissioning.
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits.
- Ability to travel; ability to lift 50 pounds, or no greater than 25% of personal body weight in place.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook MS PowerPoint, P3, Sure Track, MS Projects, Passport Portal J, Asset Suites, and other scheduling applications such as Primavera P6.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- No degree required.
- 5 to 10 years in Civil planning and construction experience desired.
- Must be proficient in Word as well as general computer use.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project desired.
- Previous experience with Farley Nuclear plant or Southern Nuclear desired.
- Must be able to be badged for unescorted access.
- Maximo experience desired.
- ISFSI project experience desired.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Review of design change packages for constructability, installation, maintainability and material requirements. Plan work orders for physical modifications in accordance with applicable procedures. This includes maintenance checks, pre-operational checks and functional testing/post modification testing as outlined by the Engineer. Work with the contractor as well as the scheduler to develop and update implementation schedules for all field work and testing. Work with Material Controls Specialist to develop materials lists needed for work orders. Assures field implementation is conducted in accordance with the approved design change packages and FCRs. Generation and coordination of Field Change Requests (FCRs) as needed. Provide technical guidance to contract craft personnel in the field. Disposition condition reports, action items, and technical evaluations as requested. Able to work nightshift and weekends when requested.
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, ability to type on a keyboard, ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience considered at the discretion of management.
Knowledge of Electrical Ductbanks (underground), Concrete placement, Fencing, Rigging, and Structural Steel is required.
Three to five years of Civil Planning/Field Engineering experience in a nuclear power plant environment is also required.
- Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear power plants.
Williams Industrial Services, Group and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.