2831 River Road Waynesboro, GA 30830
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: Perform engineering duties and activities assigned for the preparation of work procedures and material acquisition documents, e.g., purchase orders, material requisitions, etc. Interface with the customer and project organizations in the review and preparation of technical documentation, i.e., drawings, specifications, procedures, data sheets, etc. Support the construction organization in the review of conceptual designs, bid packages and construction packages for constructability, work in progress and completed installations
- Responsible for the preparation of work procedures, installation and test packages, and associated support documentation.
- Responsible for the field walk-down of conceptual designs, bid packages and construction packages to ensure compliance to design criteria, constructability and proper installation.
- Coordinate assignments with all project participants.
- Prepare material/equipment purchase requisitions to support schedules and budgets for the work assigned.
- Responsible for review of timely schedule outputs (weekly/monthly and two week projections).
- Monitor scope, scope changes, budgets and schedules to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Analyze project issues/problems and recommend corrective action.
- Perform periodic inspections of work in progress to assess status and resolve field problems first hand.
- Monitor work flow through critical path activities.
- Monitor progress of engineering procurement, material delivery, execution, testing, turnover and commissioning.
- Read and understand complex specifications, drawings, purchase documents, vendor manuals, etc.
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits.
- Ability to travel; ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be highly analytical and have strong proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and/or computerized accounting systems
- Must have strong technical skills in the areas of mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must have experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, P3, SureTrack and/or Microsoft Projects (Scheduling Software)
- Must have the ability to read and communicate technical drawings and blueprints
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
· Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
- This is a desk job requiring extensive use of a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to travel
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or Finance required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
Experience: Ten plus years of estimating experience required
· Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear and non-nuclear power plants
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.