Labor Relations Manager
Tucker, GA 30084
Labor Relations Manager
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: This position encompasses the implementation and maintenance of the company labor relations program, objectives, policy and procedures. Serve as the liaison between the union leaders and company management and assist all levels of management on union labor matters.
- Implements and maintains the company labor relations program, objectives, policy and procedures.
- Participate in negotiations with recognized collective bargaining groups and recommend labor relation strategies.
- Confer on labor relation issues including contract interpretation and discipline; Understand terms and conditions of contracts that are active and ongoing. Coordinate labor relation activities with outside contractors and third parties.
- Investigate, manage and resolve employee grievances, concerns and labor disputes.
- Analyze collective bargaining agreements to develop interpretation of intent, spirit and terms of contract.
- Maintain and nurture established labor management relationships.
- Serve as the company representative for the local, regional and national labor agreement committee meetings and conferences.
- Perform various analytical projects and create reports as requested; Maintain current statutory information for bidding purposes.
- Solicit union wage and benefits information from the local unions with jurisdiction on projects that are in the bidding process.
- Share a responsibility for the commercial pricing portion of RFP’ s.
- Create and maintain union craft billing rates on active and special projects as they relate to union craft and labor relations.
- Considerable knowledge, skill and ability in labor relations, principles and practices
- Knowledge of business principles and practices as they apply to industrial relations
- Ability to analyze labor relations issues and to develop solutions
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications
- Ability to negotiate labor contracts and to represent Company in the interest of conflict resolution.
- Ability to make difficult decisions regarding labor relations.
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish goals.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Business required; Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management; Master’ s degree preferred or equivalent experience
Experience: 5 – 7 years prior experience required; 7 – 10 years experience preferred.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Williams Industrial Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation age, veteran’ s status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.