Storm Damage Assessor
591 Picketville Road Jacksonville, FL 32220
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC
Summary: Provide a fair and accurate on-site evaluation of damage or loss caused by accident or natural event. Assess and record the extent of the damage, resources required, and possible execution based upon the request of the client.
• Identify electrical distribution facilities including poles, primary wires, secondary wires, services, primary insulator, transformers, fuses, reclosers, regulators, OCS’ s substations etc.
• Identify and differentiate the difference between electrical and tele-comm lines.
• Identify all necessary repairs required for restoration.
• Complete client specified damage reports in detail
• Determine distribution crew type(s) needed for restoration of facilities as well as assign and schedule the work.
• Ensure crews have required materials for restoration work.
• Complete any additional or follow-up work required by the utility client.
• Comply and adhere to electrical distribution safety rules as well as follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each listed duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be available to work daily hours as required by utility’ s work schedule and until completion of the restoration work and released by the utility.
- Verbal and written communication skills are required
- A valid state driver’ s license is required
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- All PPE except for EH Rated, hard toe boots, will be provided by WIS Solutions.
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all Client, employees and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality client information.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or the business community.
- Ability to read and follow distribution circuit maps. Ability to utilize binoculars, cell phones and two-way radios. Self-Motivated Team Oriented Customer Oriented
· Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
- Ability to physically climb stairs, work in excessive heat and/or cold environments.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to see up close and distance along with identifying and distinguish colors),
- Ability to travel and stay on location for up to 14 days.
Education: High school degree or GED required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in utility distribution or transmission systems (engineering, operations or construction) required
· Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear and non-nuclear power plants
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.