Accounts Payable Specialist
200 Ashford Center North, Suite 425 Atlanta, GA 30338 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: Responsible for supporting all aspects of accounts payable (A/P) such as processing A/P invoices expense reports, per diems, credit payments and supporting field personnel
- Process high volume of A/P invoices (via email, online, and manual), ensuring 3-way match is complete, obtaining appropriate documentation, reviewing, coding, and obtaining approval signatures, processing and attaching in ERP system.
- Process any manual expense reports from field or corporate office; audit for completeness as deemed by company policy, code all expenses to proper cost codes and obtain approval so expenses can be billed appropriately.
- Process per diems for job sites, and schedule payments within Banking system, noting any special mailing instructions.
- Assist with inquiries from job sites and vendors; research, problem solve, and follow-up on issues both timely and completely.
- Maintain all AP files accurately, attaching proof of payment, necessary reports, and all required paperwork via document imaging system.
- Electronic bank file submission for all AP payments, clearing and processing of online/ACH/Wire payments, as well as research of outstanding checks as it pertains to AP.
- Yearly 1099 processing
- Weekly and Monthly Union payment processing
- Experience with multi-currency transactions is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting - understanding of the general ledger as well as job costs.
- Advanced knowledge is preferred for MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Proficient knowledge of Concur travel and expense software a plus
- Experience with Company T&E Credit Cards and Purchasing cards a plus
- Understanding of Month end close processes and deadlines
- Electronic banking and payment processing
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to both internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines – Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment as necessary to meet deadlines
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
- Effective communicator, personable, professional, and detail oriented.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse professionally over a telephone
- Ability to stand at copier/scanner for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalency required
Experience: 2 – 5 years in an Accounting position such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit/Collections required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.