Tampa, FL 33619 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: This position is responsible for basic functions of procurement of materials and services, including interpretation of requirements, soliciting quotations, vendor recommendation or selection among pre-approved suppliers, and maintenance of records (in software and paper). The Buyer is also responsible for appropriate and professional interactions with suppliers and other stakeholders (internal and external) and for compliance with specified procedures and practices.
- Experience in Energy Transmission and Delivery a must.
- Purchases materials, supplies, and services at the most favorable terms for the organization.
- Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices, and terms for purchased goods and services.
- Tracks purchases, manages vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
- Expedite orders as needed to ensure timely material availability
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to resolve issues and errors:
- Support division and corporate procurement strategies and initiatives.
- Assist management in ensuring efforts are made to achieve department objectives efficiently.
- Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use Epicor ERP system.
- The candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Clearly and professionally communicates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues throughout the organization, horizontally and vertically.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
Education, Training & Certification: Bachelor’ s degree preferred, Associates degree and/or sufficient experience in a related field will be considered.
This job description is a general outline of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.