200 Ashford Center North, Suite 425 Atlanta, GA 30338 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: Responsible for management of the estimating process, implementing established policy, procedures staffing and maintaining technical performance excellence. Accountable for managing the entire estimating process in a fashion consistent with company values, policies, and procedures. This person is also responsible for consistently implementing management systems and practices
- Responsible for consistently implementing management systems and practices, which includes the authority to assume or assign duties and responsibilities explicitly depicted in the descriptions of other position titles (e.g., Senior Estimator and Estimator).
- Accountable for the satisfaction of customers, quality of estimates, the competitiveness of estimates and the estimated financial performance of assigned projects.
- Responsible for supporting business development and the ongoing development of the company’ s capability to compete in the marketplace.
- Finalize pricing estimates.
- Develop strong subcontractor/supplier/customer/designer relationships.
- On-the-job training of estimators assigned to projects; serve as Estimating Team Leader.
- Manage and direct Senior Estimators, Estimators and others assigned to the estimating department. Responsible for the overall direction and management of these employees. Work closely with Senior Estimators to identify and develop management skills. Interview and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; oversee professional development, performance improvement and progressive discipline of employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Work closely with Bonding Agent to ensure proposal bond requirements are met.
- Manage and maintain SOX compliance.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
- Advanced knowledge of all construction elements
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to attain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Capable of analyzing, interpreting, and comparing detailed and often inadequately defined information, and make reliable and accurate conclusions based on this knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, WinEst and database applications
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to interact with subcontractors and suppliers at all organizational levels and maintain strong relationships to ensure competitive pricing
- Assertiveness and self-confidence in presenting and supporting the researched findings to customer, high-management, or design group
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material, especially bid pricing information
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals
· Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
- Ability to wear a hard hat and other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment
Education: Bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related technical field required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
Experience: Ten plus years (including two years management) required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.