177 Tie Road Tiverton N0G 2T0 CA
Williams Canada is actively searching for candidates for the Project Controls Governance team within Project Controls Division. The Governance Analyst strives to constantly improve and build on their knowledge, experience and skills in effectively establishing consistent project governance to support Project Delivery Organizations – PMC (Project Management and Construction), MCR (Major Component Replacement), Site Services and IT in executing and delivering projects of varying sizes, complexities, durations and costs.
The Governance Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- The position reports to the Project Controls Manager of Project Controls Division
- Development and maintenance of project management and project controls methodology, processes, procedures, handbooks, templates, job-aids, and related docs.
- Support development of project management and project controls training material
- Establishing, maintaining, and supporting project management and project controls system/ tools, information management and information/data governance.
- Support Client Department Manager/CFAM (Corporate Functional Area Manager) with all corporate functional requirements with Project and Contractor Management functional area
- Support and conduct process and project oversight as part of GOSP (Governance, Oversight, Support, Perform) accountabilities.
- Work with Project Teams to assess effectiveness of project management and construction and, contractor management procedures and drive continuous improvement to these programs.
- Responsible for interfacing various stakeholders within the organization for GOSP functional requirements
- Support leaders of Project Controls PDOs in effectively implementing project management and project controls governance
- Responsible for review of audit and surveillance reports issued by various oversight groups and CNSC
- Evaluating trends in project and contractor management effectiveness and initiating programmatic improvements
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Requires knowledge, experience, and skills in a project management environment in the application of project management and project controls to a project life cycle
- Requires knowledge, experience, and skills in key project controls areas – cost control, scheduling, cost estimating, risk management, progress and performance management and change management
- Requires thorough understanding of project management and project controls process and procedures fundamentals and application to project governance
- Experience in the development of project management and project controls programs, procedures, templates, job aids, handbooks, and related documents in a project management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, collaborate with colleagues, and build positive relationships with cross functional areas.
- A minimum bachelor’ s degree in a related field (Engineering, Project Management, Finance) is required. A combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Hiring Manager.
- Project or Program Management Professional (PMP, PgMP) certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and or any certification by the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AACEI) will be an asset for this role.
- Nuclear experience and/or accompanying CSIS Security Clearance is highly desired.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted. In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.
Williams is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.