200 Ashford Center North, Suite 425 Atlanta, GA 30338 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness in processing weekly payroll while providing superior customer service in a professional and confidential manner; process weekly and monthly union, tax, and garnishment payments to ensure payments are processed and distributed in a timely manner
- Review and process payroll records, reports, and statements to ensure accuracy.
- Execute weekly and bi-weekly payroll processes accurately and meet required deadlines; review and edit documents; correct errors and balance payroll for each pay period; compile routine reports.
- Initiate, distribute, and process weekly and monthly, tax and garnishment payments in a timely manner.
- Process off cycle payrolls as needed, i.e., layoffs.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in payroll records, reports, and statements; responsible for alerting Supervisor, if appropriate, immediately when a discrepancy occurs.
- Respond to employee and co-worker inquiries in a timely manner and provide excellent assistance to all inquiries to ensure that a resolution is reached.
- The ability to register multi-state payroll tax and unemployment as requested in a timely manner.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and database applications
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Responsible for handling all sensitive pay-related and benefit-related (as available to the position) information in a confidential manner
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate PC
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalency required; equivalent experience considered at discretion of management.
Experience: 2-3 years of payroll experience required; equivalent experience considered at discretion of management. Payroll tax experience preferred.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.