Project Manager - Welding Services
100 Crescent Center Parkway, Suite 1240 Tucker, GA 30084 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Summary: Plan, direct, coordinate or budget at a single site location. Participate in the conceptual development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation. Directs the implementation of engineering, labor resources and equipment costs; represent company in labor negotiations and strategy meetings; ensures that safety, human performance and quality objectives are met on the project in accordance with company policies, procedures and business plan.
Position Scope: Project Manager Scope can vary depending on the size and scale of the project to which he/she is assigned. Project manager flexibility is required to maintain an agile and responsive work force depending upon project and client demands.
Level I– performs duties and responsibilities as described on project ranging to $5M in revenue, typically reporting to a Site Manager. Supervisory Responsibility: Oversees first to mid-level supervisors/managers depending upon the size and scope of the project. Key Client Indicator: Liaison and point of contact at the client’ s mid-manager level.
Level II– performs duties and responsibilities as described on project up to $5 - $10M in revenue and/or on projects where a particular specialized area of technical expertise is required to sufficiently oversee the work process, can report to either a Site Manger or Project director. Supervisory Responsibility: Oversees first to mid-level supervisors/managers depending upon the size and scope of the project. Key Client Indicator: Liaison and point of contact at the client’ s mid-manager level.
Level III– performs duties and responsibilities as described on projects up $5M - $20M in revenue and/or on projects where a particular specialized area of technical expertise is required to effectively oversee the work process or on projects with unique constraints and conditions requiring a higher degree of experience, can report to either a Site Manager or Project Director. Supervisory Responsibility: Oversees first to mid-level supervisors/managers depending upon the size and scope of the project. Key Client Indicator: Liaison and point of contact at the client’ s mid-manager level.
- Responsible for safe work practices and implementing company safety programs for the project.
- Consolidates and analyzes profitability, revenue, margins and bill rates across the project.
- Develops pipeline forecasts and broad-based financial picture for the entire project scope.
- Ensures practice meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives including revenue and margin.
- Ensures clients are well informed, at all times of risk, issues and concerns with overall project.
- Understand the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide our clients to the best solution for the project.
- Oversee construction project including job site visits to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. This also includes interfacing with client representatives, union officials, subcontractors.
- Provide direct leadership to project supervisors, including coaching and mentoring employees to achieve a high level of performance. Review and develop performance goals and objectives.
- Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.) purchase requisitions change, request, etc.
- Increase Williams service volume within customer base.
- Ensure senior management is proactively kept abreast of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, employee issues and/or customer issues.
- Act as the point of escalation for complex problems, both of a technical and non-technical nature, assisting in the assessment of root cause and the resolution of problems. Oversee preparation and resolution of claims. Assume a lead role in jurisdictional disputes, union grievances and/or labor litigations as required.
- Actively participate in Internal Project Reviews; review typically will cover compliance with design requirements, schedules, and budgets with particular attention to the costing relating to self-performed work.
- Implement Project Management Methodology to measure and report on contract issues, crew productivity versus bids, schedule and quality compliance, and for managing job progress for lump sum, hour or unit price work. This includes determining, identifying and correcting problem areas on loss or low profit jobs.
- Maintain relations with local unions regarding hiring, terminations and early stage grievance resolution on projects.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be willing and open to travel
- Must be willing and able to function as the technical and commercial lead for onsite project(s) and maintain positive, healthy relationships with client Project Manager(s)
- Must have background in and experience with leading mechanical projects involving specialty welding, machining, and/or heat treating
- Current CWI certification is a requirement
Supervisory Responsibility: Oversees first to mid-level supervisors/managers depending upon the size and scope of the project.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications
- Know and understand the estimating process and be able to manage large proposals
- Proficient in presenting the project to the client and answer technical questions concerning scope and background of the discovery.
- CWI Certification
- Background in specialty welding, machining, and heat treating projects
- Make decisions and recommendations which may significantly impact corporate relationship with customer and project performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish project goals and expectations.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
- May work in an office environment and/or on the project site
- Ability to travel to job sites
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or Construction Management desired; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
Experience: Minimum of four years of experience in the construction/maintenance services industry servicing customers in the Power Generation industry. Five plus years nuclear experience is required for nuclear sites
- Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear and non-nuclear power plants
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.