5265 Hartford Street Tampa, FL 33619 US
Williams Industrial Services Group
Summary: Provide overall management direction and organization for a specific location. Includes supervision and monitoring of employees and vendor activities; training performance recognition, and coordination of assigned work scope activities with owner; will have responsibility for meeting budget and schedule requirements; develop and monitor the project schedule and ensure that safety, human performance and quality objectives are met on the project in accordance with company policies, procedures and business plan; representation of company in labor negotiations and strategy meetings
- Supervise and monitor employees and vendor activities, training, performance, recognition, and discipline; make decisions on routine supervisory issues; keep management informed of work scope issues; organize, plan, control and execute goals and objectives as directed by management. Coordinate project activities with owner organizations, outside vendors, contractors and other plant and fleet departments. Ensure projects are efficiently, effectively, and safely planned and implemented in accordance with project plan, site/fleet procedures, policies, and work instructions.
- Experience in Energy Transmission and Delivery a must.
- Manages all on-site activities from small to mid-sized construction projects.
- Responsible for handling client contact and maintaining client approval.
- Ensures that projects are completed on schedule according to contractual conditions and within budget.
- Establish and enforce expectations related to safety, procedure compliance, corrective actions and appropriate work behaviors for employees, vendors, and project/site contractor staff; investigate potentially safety or human performance concerns and implement corrective measures.
- Coordinate project craft resources with other vendors/departments to ensure resource availability and appropriate oversight.
- Maintain program compliance with project plan, plant, fleet, and industry requirements.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations, strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income, and expenses, etc.) to protect company’ s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with customer.
- Knowledge of the union building trades agreements
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces, and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits.
- Ability to travel.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and database applications
- Make decisions and recommendations which may significantly impact corporate relationship with customer and project performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish project goals and expectations.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces, and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
- May work in an office environment and/or on the project site
- Ability to travel to job sites
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management
Experience: Ten plus years’ experience in the Management of Maintenance/Construction in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to be badged at U.S. commercial nuclear and non-nuclear power plants
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.