Startup/Power Ascension Engineer
7821 River Road, Waynesboro, GA 30830 US
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC.
Engineers would be supporting the Startup/Power Ascension of Vogtle Units 3&4. Duties would be similar as an extended (Nuclear Power Plant) outage. Engineers will be supporting any troubleshooting/commissioning needs.
- Lead troubleshooting of equipment deficiencies and nonconformances
- Supports Operations and Maintenance in system troubleshooting and recommended course of action for significant or complex plant problems
- Manage design authority priorities to support project schedules
- Interface with on- and off-site vendors to drive completion of corrective actions
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited program required
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering related experience required
- Worker must be able to obtain and maintain Unescorted Access to a Nuclear Power Plant
- Experience with system/component complex troubleshooting and development of systematic cause analyses highly preferred
- Nuclear Plant Outage experience preferred
- Five (5) years of nuclear plant experience preferred
- Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license of certification preferred
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously in an organized manner
- Adaptive to change: The assigned scope of work is expected to vary each week. In addition to emergent work request, non-core activities may be assigned for engineers to help drive completion
- Communicates effectively in oral and written applications
- Detailed knowledge of plant procedures and regulations in assigned area
- Detailed knowledge of plant systems and processes
- Working knowledge of computer software programs supporting assigned area
- Employee is expected to work up to 60 hours/week
- Employee is expected to provide Weekend/Night shift coverage as needed
4. Does this assignment have any physical requirements?
Employee must be able to walk down the plant, including occasional use of scaffolds/harnesses and confined space entry.
5. Is this position supporting a Government Related Project? Yes, Vogtle 3&4
6. Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant? Worker must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to Vogtle Units 3&4.
7. Estimated Start Date: 10/1/2022
8. Estimated Duration of Work Assignment (should not exceed 1 year): 6-12 Months
9. Will the selected worker require NERC/CIP access? No
10. Will the selected worker drive on public roads on behalf of the Southern Company? No
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.